The Raspberry Pi is a $35* computer that has opened the eyes of tinkerers, hackers and electronics enthusiasts everywhere.
With 2 USB ports, 700MHz CPU, 256Mb Ram, Analogue or HDMI Audio and Composite or HDMI Video and a Network Connection, it really is a sub-$100 computer!
It’s versatility means it has found applications in the lounge, in the car, and out in the field.
Currently experiencing problems with the PayPal gateway due to site upgrades. - We are working on the issue.
As a media player it rivals the Apple TV.
- Flawless 1080p playback of your movies.
- Hardware decoding for all the major video & audio formats
- 5.1 Surround sound with DTS or Dolby Digital using HDMI pass-through
- Apple AirPlay support (play straight from your iPhone/iPad to the TV)
- Stream content straight from the Internet.
As a home network server it could save you thousands.
When all you need to do is buy a starter kit for $109.95, then add USB drives – it is the cheapest network server you will find.
Furthermore, using only 5 watts of electricity, it’ll save you $1 per day compared with a PC-based server!
In the Car
- With a USB OBD2 adapter, enjoy a full diagnostic computer.
- With a USB DVB-T adapter, be the first to have digital radio in the car.
- With a USB 3G Dongle, have Internet in the car.
- With a 32GB SDHC card and XBMC – play your own movies and mp3s.
In the Field
- Add a relay and turn on and off anything from IP.
- Add a USB webcam and monitor from afar.
- Add environmental sensors and build your own EMS
And many other uses:
- Webcam server
- Vehicle tracking
- Streaming internet radio box
- Vehicle Diagnostics, OBDII logger
- Baby monitor
- Media server / NAS
- Media receiver
- Video chat
- Game emulator, running MAME (build your own arcade cabinet)
- Mini web server
- FTP server
- Proxy server
- Portable Media PC
- Run an alarm system
- Security webcam (with motion sensor)
- Control garden lighting
- Control sprinkler system
- HTPC for TV web browsing
- HTPC for streaming Netfilx / Hulu etc
- In car Computer
- Thin client computer
- Game server
- IRC / chat server
- build a cheap laptop
- create a digital photo frame
- Asterisk VOIP server
- Home automation system
- MP3 player
- Portable personal computer, you can use it anywhere you can find a monitor.
- multitouch screen coffee table
- Wall hanging screen with voice control for network pictures, weather, news and RSS feeds
- Cyber Cafe computer
- Video conferencing system
- Personal weather station / logger
- Control a light display
- Control an LED board
- Put it in an old mac classic or mac plus case as a general purpose computer
- Intelligent photo frame with touch
- A dedicated Synth, possibly with touch screen
- Home Security Server
- Solar powered desktop computer
- CNC controller
- High tech birthday / Xmas presents
- Backup server
- Wardriving setup
- RSS ticker
- High tech alarm clock
- Mini projector
- DOSBox for games
- Cafe media player
- Brains for Arduino setup
- Mumble server
- Industrial manufacturing controller
- TOR server
- Wearable computer
- Family notice board
- CD / DVD ripping device
- Car black box with video
- Wall mounted, interactive mood lamp
- Robotic telescope / camera controller
- Display photographer portfolio images
- SMS gateway
* Note: The Raspberry Pi is known worldwide as a “$35 computer”, however, this price does not include GST, import duties or shipping costs. We do not sell the Raspberry Pi for $35 on this site.