HOWTO: update AusPi TV or OPENelec to the latest version
AusPi TV is based on OpenELEC
Prior to January 2013, we had to conduct extensive testing on the nightly releases of OpenELEC to find a version that was stable, reliable and played the most videos possible.
Now that XBMC and OpenELEC have been formally released for the Raspberry Pi, we are confident that the latest version of OpenELEC is the one you want.
There is now value in all AusPi TV customers upgrading to the latest version of OpenELEC, and our testing has revealed it will give you the following benefits:
- More stable environment, with far less crashes, and video rendering issues.
- Ability to play DVD’s from .iso files, including DVD’s with menus
(note that OpenELEC still say this is ‘experimental’ but our testing has been nothing but positive.)
(also note that you need the mpeg2 license.)
How to Upgrade AusPi TV to the latest release
- Download the latest version of OpenELEC for the Raspberry Pi here
- extract it using winrar , or if you are running linux, gunzip and un’tar it.
- Now, on a computer that is connected to the network, browse to the \update shared folder on your AusPi TV. There are two ways to do this:
- Type \\AusPiTV\Update in the run/search box in Windows
- Find the IP address of your AusPi TV by going to “system info” under the system menu, then browsing to: \\[IP_Address]\Update
- Now copy the contents of the “target” folder in from the archive you extracted into the “Update” share on the AusPi TV.
- Reboot your AusPi TV. It will now update to the latest version.