- [si-contact-form form='1']
FREE SHIPPING OVER $100
Raspberry Pi Model B+ (old model – Board Only)
The Original Raspberry Pi Model B+
The Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+ has a 700MHz Processor, 512MB RAM, 4x USB Ports, 40x GPIO Pins, microSD connector and full 1080p HDMI video support.
Only 3 left in stock (also available on backorder)
- More GPIO.
The GPIO header has grown to 40 pins, while retaining the same pinout for the first 26 pins as the Model B.
- More USB.
The Model B+ now has 4 USB 2.0 ports, compared to 2 on the Model B, and better hotplug and overcurrent behaviour.
- Micro SD.
The old friction-fit SD card socket has been replaced with a much nicer push-push micro SD version.
- Lower power consumption.
By replacing linear regulators with switching ones they’ve reduced power consumption by between 0.5W and 1W.
- Better audio.
The audio circuit incorporates a dedicated low-noise power supply.
- New form factor.
The USB connectors are now aligned with the board edge, the composite video is moved onto the 3.5mm jack, and it has four squarely-placed mounting holes.
- Chip: Broadcom BCM2835 SoC
- Core Architecture: ARM11
- CPU: 700 MHz Low Power ARM1176JZFS Applications Processor
- Dual Core VideoCore IV® Multimedia Co-Processor
- Provides Open GL ES 2.0, hardware-accelerated OpenVG, and 1080p30 H.264 high-profile decode
- Capable of 1Gpixel/s, 1.5Gtexel/s or 24GFLOPs with texture filtering and DMA infrastructure
- Memory: 512MB SDRAM
- Operating System: Boots from Micro SD card, running a version of the Linux operating system
- Dimensions: 85 x 56 x 17mm
- Power: Micro USB socket 5V, 2A
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT Ethernet socket
- HDMI (rev 1.3 & 1.4)
- Composite RCA (PAL and NTSC) 3.5mm jack, HDMI
- USB: 4 x USB 2.0 Connector
- GPIO Connector:
- 40-pin 2.54 mm (100 mil) expansion header: 2×20 strip
- Providing 27 GPIO pins as well as +3.3 V, +5 V and GND supply lines
- Camera Connector: 15-pin MIPI Camera Serial Interface (CSI-2)
- Display Connector: Display Serial Interface (DSI) 15 way flat flex cable connector with two data lanes and a clock lane
What else you need to know:
- Exactly the same CPU, Memory and GPU
Your current Raspberry Pi Model B is just as powerful as the new model.
- New Form Factor, New Case
The new Raspberry Pi Model B+ will necessitate a different case design from the Model B and Model A
- Different Composite Video Output
The combined Stereo+Composite output will require a special cable for your composite display.
- Most GPIO accessories will still work
The original 26 GPIO pins are the same, however, the board layout is different.
This means some popular GPIO accessories including the PiFace Digital, the PiFace Control and Display, The Wolfson Audio Card and the Geekroo Power Supplies may not fit on the new board. (We will test these individually and send an update once we have tested)
- Your SD Card software is the same, but you must have a micro SD Card
For the past 8 months, all SD cards we have been selling have actually been micro SD cards with SD Card Adapters. These will work in the new Model B+. There is a new release of noobs, and we will test to see if this is required, or recommended with the new model.
- [si-contact-form form='1']