XBian Releases version 0.8 for Raspberry Pi
The XBian open source community have released a major upgrade, version 0.8 of their customized linux to run XBMC on the Raspberry Pi.
Changes are as follows:
- New raspberry pi firmware
- Improved analogue audio
- Included R-win’s 3.2.7 kernel V3, see: http://xbian.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1354 (Great work R-win!)
- Added colors to the console
- Fixed ‘Unable to resolve host’ when executing the sudo command
- Added FIQ patch
- Added raspi-config (Thanks to CurlyMo!)
- Added turbo mode (Very experimental! Can cause sd card corruption! Be warned! )
- Added a parition resizer addon (All credits to R-win for creating this!)
- New Memcpy/Memset this should make XBMC more fluent in some cases
- Added usb automount support for exFat formatted devices
- Fixed some typos in the XBian setting add-on (thanks to Fma965).
- Added a script which allows you to set MPEG-2/VC-1 license key’s, available in the XBian settings addon.
- Replaced the XBMC splash screen
- Added libcec 1.9
- Improved XBMC menu smoothness
See more here